ROOT CANALS CAN
HELP YOU FEEL BETTER
Root canal procedures have an undeserved bad reputation. If asked, most people who have never had one would probably tell you they’re the equivalent of having a tooth pulled without any anesthetic. Nothing could be further from the truth. On the contrary, root canal treatment will actually eliminate your nagging toothache caused by a diseased tooth.
The inner part of the tooth, known as the pulp, can become infected if a cavity or tooth damage is left untreated. When infection reaches this area, you can experience a great deal of pain. At this point, a root canal is usually needed to stop your pain, save the tooth from extraction, and protect the health of your other teeth and your gums.
Here’s what you can expect during your root canal therapy:
- We’ll numb your mouth, plus you’ll have your choice of sedation options if desired, either inhaled sedation with laughing gas or oral conscious sedation in pill form.
- When you’re completely relaxed, Dr. Hsue will clean out the diseased pulp inside your tooth.
- He will then disinfect the inner portion of the tooth.
- Finally, he will fill the empty area with a rubber-like material.
- We usually recommend capping your repaired tooth with a crown made by our lab partner. It will strengthen the tooth and prevent further problems.
It’s that simple! Dr. Hsue is a wiz at root canal therapy and can have you in and out in one easy appointment. Walk in with a nagging toothache and leave our office a while later pain-free with a preserved tooth. If we recommend a new crown, you’ll return to our office when it’s ready to be placed by Dr. Hsue.
Root canals in Tukwila and nearby areas can be a completely comfortable experience! Call West Valley Dental today at 425-430-9099 to schedule your appointment.