Forget what you know about root canal procedures. At West Valley Dental, not only are they quick – we can do your entire procedure in one day – but they are also comfortable. Our root canals in Renton will cause you no more discomfort than getting a tooth filled, plus they will:Doctor Kuzi Hsue on root canals Read Transcript
Root canals. Typically in the past, I've taken multiple appointments where you relieve the pain, remove the top of the pulp, and come back and finish the root canal later. Here at West Valley, we use rotary instruments to remove the pulpal tissue, okay, the damaged pulpal tissue, and we can typically, in probably 95 percent of the cases, have your root canal started and completed in less than an hour, in one appointment.
After that, I recommend in most cases to place a crown to protect that more brittle tooth. Our goal here is to make sure that patients are relieved of the pain they walk in with if they have any, okay? And during the procedures we don't continue if the patient says, Hey, I'm feeling something. We've got plenty of anesthetic. I'm not running out of the stuff. We'll make sure that you're comfortable while we're in your mouth.
- Actually stop the pain of your diseased and damaged tooth
- Prepare your tooth for capping with a beautiful new crown
- Allow you to bite and chew comfortably again
- Protect your oral health and total body health
Don’t suffer any longer with a hurting tooth. Call us today to schedule an appointment: 425-430-9099. We offer a free, same-day emergency exam and X-ray! Our office is conveniently located near the intersection of Highway 181, Southcenter Boulevard, Interurban Avenue, and SW Grady Way in Tukwila, right near Kent.
A Root Canal Will Help You Feel Better
Root canal procedures have an undeserved bad reputation. If asked, most people who have never had one would probably tell you they’re the equivalent of having a tooth pulled without any anesthetic. Nothing could be further from the truth. On the contrary, root canal treatment will actually eliminate your nagging toothache caused by a diseased tooth.
The inner part of the tooth, known as the pulp, can become infected if a cavity or tooth damage is left untreated. When infection reaches this area, you can experience a great deal of pain. At this point, a root canal is usually needed to stop your pain, save the tooth from extraction, and protect the health of your other teeth and your gums.
Here’s what you can expect during your root canal therapy:
- We’ll numb your mouth, plus you’ll have your choice of sedation options if desired, either inhaled sedation with laughing gas or oral conscious sedation in pill form.
- When you’re completely relaxed, Dr. Hsue will clean out the diseased pulp inside your tooth.
- He will then disinfect the inner portion of the tooth.
- Finally, he will fill the empty area with a rubber-like material.
- We usually recommend capping your repaired tooth with a crown made by our lab partner. It will strengthen the tooth and prevent further problems.
It’s that simple! Dr. Hsue is a wiz at root canal therapy and can have you in and out in one easy appointment. Walk in with a nagging toothache and leave our office a while later pain-free with a preserved tooth. If we recommend a new crown, you’ll return to our office when it’s ready to be placed by Dr. Hsue.
Root canals in Renton and nearby areas can be a completely comfortable experience! Call West Valley Dental today at 425-430-9099 to schedule your appointment.