With sedation methods available from West Valley Dental, you can say goodbye to your dental fear. As long-time dental professionals, Dr. Hsue and our team understand how nervous some patients can be about getting their teeth worked on. That’s why we offer Renton sedation options that will allow you to:Doctor Kuzi Hsue on sedation options Read Transcript
Patients don't like coming to the dentist anyway. And unfortunately, a lot of them have been traumatized in the past, whether as a child or early adulthood. And they're anxious, afraid, and it's very understandable. We offer conscious sedation, where it's a series of pills given the night before and a few hours before the actual appointment. Somebody has to bring you in, somebody has to pick you up and take you home. These pills allow the patient to undergo treatment for a certain amount of time, and they can basically sleep through it. And the nice thing about it is there's an amnesic property to these pills, where that night, when they're at home and they finally come out of the wooziness, they don't remember what happened. Which is always a plus.
Sedation is great for very, very anxious patients. But we here at West Valley try to make everybody feel as comfortable as possible. We try to make our procedures as pain-free as possible and as efficient as possible so that most of our patients don't need to have that.
- Relax and receive the beneficial care your smile needs
- Ease your anxiety about future dental visits
- Catch and treat small oral problems before they worsen
- Give you peace of mind about your oral health
- Avoid more invasive and costly dental procedures
Visit us soon for the relaxing dental care you deserve! Call West Valley Dental today at 425-272-9140 to schedule an appointment. Our office is located right by Westfield Southcenter. Be sure to ask about our amenities such as pillows and blankets, too.
Sedation Puts You at Ease in the Dental Chair
Our team wants to make sure you have a completely pleasant and enjoyable dental visit each and every time you come to see us. We offer you two great types of dental sedation that will take the edge off any anxiety you have:
- Inhaled Sedation – We’ll put a comfortable mask over your nose and mouth so you can breathe in a sweet-smelling gas known as laughing gas. It will give you a gentle feeling of euphoria in a matter of minutes. Soon, the idea of dental care won’t bother you in the least. You’ll be fully relaxed and comfortable reclining in our chair.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – For a deeper level of sedation, your dentist can prescribe a small pill that you’ll take as directed ahead of time. By the time you’re in our chair, your mind and body will be at ease, and you may even feel a little groggy. Some patients have little or no memory of their procedure after using this type of sedation. You’ll need to have someone drive you home afterward, as the pill’s effects will take a few hours to wear off.