Did you know that almost half of Americans ages 30-64 have some type of gum disease? And that men are more likely to have this problem than women are? That’s why scheduling regular checkups with your dentist every six months is so important. Dr. Hsue or Dr. Granatosky will inspect your entire mouth and offer Renton gum disease treatment if necessary. Our skilled care can help you:Doctor Kuzi Hsue on gum disease treatment Read Transcript
If you do have gum disease, we start out by doing deep cleanings. After we remove the debris from underneath the gumline, there's a bunch of things we can do as far as systemically. We can give you antibiotics. The thing with gum disease, it's very patient dependent. So if we do all those things and the patient doesn't come back and does the same, that their home care is bad, I mean, you're going to be in the same place. Okay? So how we deal with gum disease is like we deal with cleanings. You've got to come back for those recalls. We emphasize the maintenance aspect of it, because without that, you're not really doing them any good.
- Prevent bigger problems with your oral health, including tooth loss
- Feel confident that your gums look attractive
- Help you avoid the need for more invasive dental work
- Give you peace of mind about your oral health
- Avoid embarrassment caused by bad breath
Keep your gums in great shape! Call the team at West Valley Dental today to schedule an appointment. We’re located at 15668 West Valley Hwy. Besides Renton, we also serve Tukwila, Des Moines, Federal Way, Auburn, Burien, and South Bellevue.
We Take Action Against Gum Disease
Gum disease can lurk in your mouth without your even knowing it. That’s because in its early stages, there are often no visible symptoms. By the time you notice that your gums bleed when you brush your teeth, or that your gums are red and puffy, gum disease already has a firm hold on your mouth.
Your dentist at West Valley Dental can help, however. We offer nonsurgical gum disease treatment using a “deep cleaning” technique. Here’s what we’ll do:
- We’ll first numb your mouth to ensure that your treatment is completely comfortable. Sedation is even available if you want it.
- Then we’ll use special dental tools to remove plaque, tartar, and bacteria that have built up around and under your gumline.
- Next, we’ll smooth your teeth roots to make it harder for bacteria to grow there. Smoothing the roots will also help new gum tissue to grow.
Our Renton gum disease treatment can have your gums healthy again in no time! If you think your gums need help, call us today at 425-430-9099 to schedule an appointment.