It does not matter how old you are. Your teeth and smile always make an impression on people. If you have a big interview coming up or wherever life takes you, the first thing people will notice is your smile. If you are not happy with the alignment of your teeth, you have come to the right place. At West Valley Dental in Tukwila, Washington, we offer ceramic braces to all our patients looking to get a straighter smile. We invite you to continue reading to learn more about clear ceramic braces for adults and how they will benefit you.
What are Clear Ceramic Braces?
Ceramic braces are made out of aluminum oxide, a safe and hard material. Like traditional metal braces, the ceramic brackets are glued to the surface of your teeth. They are connected with an archwire that pushes and pulls the teeth into a straighter alignment. Ceramic braces are becoming more popular. They are made to match the color of your teeth, so it is more difficult for people to notice that you have braces. We will go over the different benefits and disadvantages of ceramic braces below.
Advantages of Clear Ceramic Braces for Adults
- The number one desired reason for ceramic braces is that they are difficult to notice. Ceramic braces are custom built to match the color of your tooth. Other people will have a harder time noticing that you have braces. You can still be confident in your smile and take part in daily tasks with confidence.
- Ceramic braces are more effective in creating stronger results than Invisalign and ClearCorrect braces. While ceramic braces may be more noticeable than clear aligners, ceramic braces work faster and effectively.
- Ceramic braces are less allergenic. Many dental appliances, metal braces included, can cause an allergy to nickel. Yet, this material is not found in ceramic braces and makes it more suitable for those who may have allergy issues.
- Another advantage to ceramic braces is that ceramic braces do not cause demineralization of the tooth enamel compared to traditional braces. Meaning, the tooth’s outer protective layer is not affected by the bonding of the bracket to the tooth. This means no need to worry about discoloration under the brackets—a significant advantage for most patients.
Disadvantages of Clear Ceramic Braces for Adults
- Ceramic braces are more expensive than traditional metal braces. While this may be a deal-breaker for some, we want to assure you that we make it possible for patients to afford dental services at West Valley Dental. We offer different insurance and payment plans for all customers. You don’t have to sacrifice straight teeth because someone else in your family may need other dental services. Don’t let the prices shy you away. Come in and ask what we can do to help.
- Ceramic braces are generally bigger and often bulkier than metal braces. Once again, this may seem like a big deal-breaker, but we want to reassure you. While it may be uncomfortable at first, over time, you will get used to the way the brackets feel in your mouth. We have several different models that show the bracket-to-tooth proportion, and we are more than happy to show them to you. Further, we would love to answer any questions you may have in greater detail.
Here at West Valley Dental, we want each of our patients to feel confident in their smiles. If you’re interested in ceramic braces, give us a call today or come into our office in Tukwila, Washington, to learn how they can benefit you. We are eager to serve you!