Missing teeth can be embarrassing and make it difficult to eat and speak. Our dental implants in Tukwila provide a versatile solution that can replace missing teeth, provide support for dentures, and help improve your oral health.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are titanium posts that are surgically placed in your jawbone to act as a replacement for your natural tooth roots. Their titanium material is biocompatible with your body, so they fuse with your jawbone and become permanent fixtures. Once the implants are in place, they provide a strong foundation for artificial teeth.
Dental implants are quickly becoming the preferred tooth replacement option because of their many benefits. They’re solid and durable, they look and feel like natural teeth, and they’re good for your overall oral health.
Types of Dental Implants
West Valley Dental can help bring back your smile, your ability to eat all the foods you love, and your confidence. We provide six leading dental implant tooth-replacement solutions:
- Implant-Supported Crowns: A single tooth implant that is used to support a dental crown. They’ll restore your biting and chewing power, and we customize the crown to perfectly match your natural tooth color, shape, and size.
- Implant-Supported Bridges: Bridges are similar to the single-crown option in that the titanium implant supports the crowns. But bridges include several crowns in a row, which can replace several teeth or restore a gap left behind by a missing tooth.
- Implant-Retained Dentures: Implants can support removable dentures. Implant-retained dentures give you the benefit of beautiful lab-crafted dentures and the reliable support of implants.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: These are permanently fixed in place with implants. They are ideal if you have trouble wearing removable dentures or want the most natural-looking and feeling smile possible.
- Fixed Full-Arch Replacement Teeth: This is an ideal solution for patients missing all their teeth on the upper or lower arch. It’s also known as an implant-supported bridge or all-on-four dentures, and it can replace an entire upper or lower tooth set with permanent, beautiful teeth.
- Mini Dental Implants: These are a smaller version of traditional dental implants. They’re placed similarly but don’t require as much jawbone density. So, they’re a good solution for patients who don’t have enough jawbone to support traditional implants.
Our dental implants offer a versatile solution that we can use to replace one tooth, several teeth, or all of your teeth. Let Dr. Hsue and the West Valley Dental team help you decide which type of implant is right for you.
The Dental Implant Procedure in Tukwila
The first step in getting dental implants is to schedule a consultation with our team. We’ll take X-rays and 3D scans to assess your jawbone density and your teeth’ size, shape, and location during this visit. We’ll also review your medical history to ensure you’re a good candidate for dental implants.
If you are a good candidate, we’ll schedule a second appointment to place the implants. This appointment is a minor surgical procedure that’s performed under local anesthesia. During the procedure, Dr. Hsue will make a small incision in your gums and place the titanium posts into your jawbone.
After placing the implants, you’ll need to wait for them to fuse with your jawbone, taking several months. Once they’ve fused, we’ll attach the artificial teeth to the implants. The entire process can take several months from start to finish, but it’s worth waiting for a beautiful, natural-looking smile.
Set an Appointment Today in Tukwila to Get Started on Dental Implants
You deserve to feel confident about your smile again. With dental implants from West Valley Dental, you can have a smile that looks and feels natural.
Schedule a consultation today with Dr. Hsue at West Valley Dental in Tukwila. We offer low cost consultations so you can learn more about this life-changing procedure.